Divide 5th grade girls and boys? Separate classes?

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 04:26:57 PST

Hello friends,
I am having 2 challenging 5th grade classes.
There are quite a few "all boy" boys with high activity needs (my son
included) and the other half are girls who are not getting the art lessons
I want to teach because I am always dealing with discipline.
I hate to be chauvinistic but I am really considering consolidating the
boys from both classes and teaching them separately.
Can anyone think of some really good boy lessons?
Does anyone have any reasons why this would not work or disagree with the
idea?
I wanted to bounce it off of my "advisory board"-YOU GUYS- before
approaching my principal. I think she'll be ok with it.
Brenda

---