OCR

---------

From: Jeanne Baas (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 18:26:12 PST

Hey all you Mac guru's,

does anyone know how to get the scanner to recognize and translate text?

I'm running a G3. Have an Epson Scanner and Textbridge.
I can get the tutorials and the scanner to work, but I'm missing
something to make it translate the message before saving and copying
into a word-processing document.
All systems work so it's not the hardware.
when I pasted the tutorial into Appleworks 5.0, I got a little circle
with a triangle below it. If I click on that it highlights all the
document briefly then disappears. It will not let me edit nor select
only parts of a document. There has to be a simple answer. My techie
hasn't worked with this program. she uses Omni Page, but that is not
compatible with my scanner. Any ideas guys? HELP!

Thanks,
Gelato

---