Re: Playdough recipe (was: Decreasing Enrollment)

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 07:30:30 PST

I believe this recipe site for slime, plaster, playdough, etc. was
posted by this site earlier this year.

http://www.geocities.com:0080/Heartland/3893/Goo.html#_Hlk404526472

Ricardo

>>> mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com 12/03/02 05:52PM >>>
This is the best I've tried; stays soft, doesn't crack, takes paint
well.

1 box baking soda
1 cup cornstarch
Combine these in a saucepan.
Add 1 1/4 cups water.
        Stir constantly over medium heat. It will suddenly start to
thicken;
when it looks like wet mashed potatoes (with a slight glisten), dump
onto a plate and cover with a damp cloth 'til cool
        Knead until smooth. Store in plastic in the fridge. Keeps
pretty
well, a week or so. Just reknead each time as the cold makes it
stiff.
        Dry the shaped objects overnight or longer, depending on how
thick they
are, and then bake in a 250-degree over for 15 minutes. If not hard,
bake a little longer.
        The dough can be tinted with food coloring as you're making it,
or you
can tint small chunks of it. The colors will be rather pastel. I had
my students paint the baked items with Jazz Gloss tempera. They came
out great.

Maggie

Kimberly Herbert wrote:

> I'm looking for the recipe for slime or playdough. Does anyone have
it?

---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu
---