ahhhh

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 06:31:14 PST

Just had a 1 hr 45 min conference with a parent unhappy with so many things,
but I happened to be caught up in his path....

Opened student attendance and saw this:

MF(a fifth grader) in at 8:07 (we start at 8:00) reason for tardy -
walked to school backwards.

It's funny how a little line can create a sense of calm..... certainly
re-centered my day.... how wonderful to think of a simple twist on the day
to day, and then persevere to the end to make it happen - just to see if you
could... and no other reason.

Well anyway - it's the best I can grab onto right now - deep breathing
isn't doing it, I gave up smoking 20 years ago... and it's a little early in
the morning for anything else, even if I could leave for the day....

Ellen

---