Re: Color and Culture

---------

From: Giovanella Pelligra (AEDinWNY_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 20:08:54 PST

Hi,

I did an entire unit on the Haudenausnee Culture and what color meant to
them....
I have a one page hand out I gave to students prior them beginning that
discussed many cultures. I will have to dig it up I havent used in in a
ouple of years. In the interiem, a good example would be what the color
white" means to us, happiness (weddings-etc...) In the I BELIEVE the
chinese culture white is worn to mourn etc....to display saddness....If
indeed this is wht you are looking for I can check into it for you.......I
was really fascinated by what I learned and once I locate the info I'll be
more than hapy to forward it to you....

Also, have you use www.google.com for you search and type in the following:
http://www.bigchalk.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WOPortal
woa/wa/BCPageDA/sec~KE~30927~ARTS~