Re: Color and Culture

---------

From: martha dodge (4boys_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 17:40:53 PST

I did such a unit earlier in the year. I did a search of the internet on the
subject and found much info. Because this was possible I also had my
students reserach the color of their choice on the internet. They needed to
find four different meanings/symbolisms of the color and one of these needed
to be from a different culture. Then they created collages the visually
illustrated the meanings. For assessment, as a class we tried to guess the
symbolisms of the colors.

---