another Q..... pottery wheel

---------

From: Marcia Lavery (miss_lavery_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 16:13:59 PST

Hey guys, Thanks for the colored pencil advice. Now here's another question. I have two pottery wheels in my room and the kids have been BEGGING to use them. Last year, I taught some kids how to use the pottery wheel after school for art club and it was a HUGE mess. There was clay all over the floor and everywhere. I want to try teaching it to my advanced art class this year and need some advice. Any tips on keeping the room clean? How have you organized using 2 wheels with 15 students? How much time would you give the students to use the pottery wheels? Any other tips would be appreciated for a new teacher! Thanks, Marcia