Help with a mola drawing lesson (middle school level)

---------

From: Y.R. Brown (imaniyo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 13:07:52 PST

Hello Folks,

I am having a lesson writing block and need a little help. I am writing a
drawing lesson (middle school level) that will take a cue from the Cuna
Indian molas. I am using this lesson to give the students an opportunity to
use the elements of line, shape, color, and value and the design principles
of emphasis, contrast, and balance, etc. I want the students to draw a
using a color medium like color markers and black permanent markers. I
want to stick to red, black and yellow as the primary colros for the
composition and I want all the lines and shapes to be drawn. The subject
for the lesson will be outdoor activities that the students engage in (any
season).

My challenge is I can't see the seperate elements of the lesson clearly in
my mind. I need help fleshing the idea out. I am also thinking about
allowing the students to do some layering of colored paper, which we could
cut through to reveal another colored sheet of paper below.

Please post me back off list and I'll prepare a summation of your
contributions and a thank you to the artsednet list. Thanks in advance for
all that inspire and move me out of this fog.

Regards,
Y. R. Brown