Ideas for Perspective

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 05:17:47 PST

'm having a mid-year brain melt-down. I think I sent this last week, but
didn't see it, so will repeat.

Two point ideas: "Urban Decay." Take a drawing of two or three buildings
done in two point. Trace
each building's sides (all of left side; all of right side). Use the
traced copies as templates. We did collages from the templates using
newspaper, yellow pages, black trash can plastic, vinyl screening, aluminum
foil, etc. Then used black marker to indicate shadows with cross-hatching.

                "Lego" fantasy. Draw a Lego creation. Use crayons to thickly color
surface of the
creation, making sure each block is a different color. "Etch" lines on the
sides where cast shadows would be. Paint background with ink wash.

                We also did our own memorial of the NYC Ground Zero site, using the New
York Times Sunday magazine articles as a jumping-off place.

Sorry if this is a repeat. Will go take my Ginko Biloboa (spelling?) now.