re: sharpeners for colored pencils

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:28:57 PST

i forgot to say that we quit using electric sharpeners because our 504, special ed, etc kids would stand
there and obsess over the sharpener and grind the pencils down to their knuckles. i would be hearing an irritating
sound and after it grated on me for a while i would finally realize it was a kid who had been at the sharpener
for 5 solid minutes grinding away. also, other electric sharpener afficionados would que up behind the
master sharpener and punch and pick on each other while waiting their turn.
now i have 6 brass bullet sharpeners and a plastic applesauce cup for each table. the kids stay seated and
no one leaves until all 6 are returned and the little cups emptied.
nancy in north texas

---