Re: classes for the credit need (was decresing enrollment)

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:13:31 PST

we have a "cultural arts" class for kids who just want the credit
it is a study of about 6 different cultures - history, maps, music, food are
all touched on but
the main part of each unit is about the art of the country. we teach the
elements of art and principles of design
but on a limited level.
in theory this would be a great class if the counselors would only use it
more.
we now have 3 classes of 25 each of art 1 (prep class for advanced classes).
out of those 3 classes there are enough talented or potentially talented
kids to make one
small class. in other words, the counselors put anyone in art 1 who says
they like to draw.
arghh! we also have a "fibers" class which teaches the elements of art (
again on a limited level) using
mostly 3 d projects.
good luck with your classes,
nancy in north texas