Re: Need suggestions for degree

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 06:20:03 PST

Nnaell@aol.com wrote:

> You might try an alternate route to certification program.

That's what I did, with a BA in art and MFA. My cousin is now doing it with a BA
in art and 20 years graphic design and illustration experience. It cut back his
hours quite a bit. Here in OK it is called alternative placement. Don't as the
colleges! they probably won't tell you about it - I wasted 10 years of
frustration because the University Ed program insisted it didn't exist, and said
I'd have to take 24 hours of undergrad art classes. Ask your state department of
education. Best of luck.
PS- I took an excellent online Methods course through Iowa State. I highly
recommend it. It was called Introduction to New Art Basics.

---