Liberal Arts schools with great art departments

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 02:25:38 PST

I am also looking for this type of school to recommend to my students. Some
are thinking of majoring in art but are not sure. They want the security of
knowing that there will be other choices if a major in art is not what they
end up choosing. I always recommend Syracuse. We also have a branch of
UMass close by ( Dartmouth) which has an excellent art department.
Unfortunately, many of my stuidents do not have the grades, SAT scores or
finances to go to a good private college. Some choose the local community
college which also has good art courses.
Marian

---