RE: disappointed with colored pencils

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 18:51:38 PST

I feel like i am constantly nagging my kids. "Don't let the colored pencils
roll off the table." If they hit the floor the led inside snaps into pieces
and pulls out into tiny bits when you sharpen. This is true with all brands
of pencils.

I buy both prisma color and crayola. Prisma is for my upper level drawing
classes and Crayola for Art I and II classes.

Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO

  Trying to save money last year, I opted to buy a cheap classroom set of
colored pencils instead of the more expensive brand. I got Sargent colored
pencils. We're into the second quarter and the pencils are about two-thirds
of the way down. Every time a kid sharpens them, the point breaks off. Has
anyone else had this problem? I learned my lesson! I'm not going to try to
cut corners on supplies this year!