RE: disappointed with colored pencils

---------

From: nancy (vesta_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 17:35:09 PST

I teach in an elementary visual art program with a limited budget. I can't
afford Prismacolor pencils, although they are my favorite brand for
personal use. Instead I buy Crayola or Prang. Crayola color pencil colors
match Crayola crayons and can be used with them for fine detail work in
mixed media crayon resist.

Color pencils last longer in the classroom if you invest in a heavy duty
commercial pencil sharpener and teach your students how to sharpen pencils
correctly.