Re: Decreasing Arts Enrollment

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 17:15:12 PST

We are finding more students checking out of visual art and
going into theater due solely on the fact that they do not have
to work as much in the theater area. I am now being asked to
think about what a class of low achieving students would look
like for an art class. I have tried to explain that the low
achieving students are those who have poor attendance or who do
not care to work when in class.

Jackie Aust
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Tx