Re: First Day Blues

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:09:35 -0500

I finished my first week last week. I too had some terrible behavior in art
class. I sent one note home with a student and talked to two others' parents.
Last year we had some move into the district that would make your hair stand on
end. I keep trying to look for the gentle beings that they surely must have been
in their infancy. But I think that (and beleive me, I have spent alot of time
thinking about this..) there is "something else going on". I have heard a
couple of students say that they think that the world is coming to an end in
2000. ( better repent soon) Also, I wonder if the changes environmentally have
something to do with it. Today in our mailboxes, we got a" HOW TO" prevent
iolence in the school. So, inadvertantly and maybe a little subconsciously, the
paranoia is trickling down from top to bottom. ( are we projecting fear?) I was
told last year to cover my only two windows, which go to the hall, so that if a
MADMAN came into the school, they couldn't look in to see if anybody was there.
I don't know- solar flares? I'd like to know what other's think about this.
betsy ( I couldn't cover the windows, I just couldn't)