Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Re: Is everyone on vacation?
I'm here! We're Year-Round and started on July 12th for a week of Workdays and the students began on July 19th, so I'm looking forward to our Sept-Oct. Break (getting married Sep. 26th, then HONEYMOON!!!!!!!).
Re: May I TEACH, please?
I can't even teach my classes for having to do:
1) placemats by students for restaurants promoting Census 2000
2) poster contest promoting Census 2000
3) a booth for Family Fun Night displaying a miniature work of art from each student
4) student-made centerpieces for tables at the county's Turkey Festival
5) the Bulletin Board at the Central Office
And these are just September projects. There will be more! I want to be cooperative and I try to turn the project into a lesson, but this is getting out of hand. I love to show student's work and promote Art Education whenever I can, but I also love to teach my curriculum and I'm getting behind. The memos are never worded in a way that would suggest "optional", but rather indicate that it is "expected". How do some of you handle this problem?