RE: Re: videos and legalities

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:52:42 -0500

At the museum we have an AUP that requires signatures in two places. One
for use of the Internet for research, and a second for the publishing of any
child's work/picture on the website. We also have a policy that children can
only use their first names, and not give specific information about where
they go to school, live, practice sports etc..
Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of Wizzlewolf
Sent: Friday, August 27, 1999 9:27 PM
To: wduncan; owner-artsednet.edu; MPBC90
Cc: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: Re: videos and legalities

In a message dated 8/27/99 10:05:21 PM, wduncan wrote:

<<I heard a computer teacher say
he gets written
permission for his students to use a computer>>

<<I heard a computer teacher say
he gets written
permission for his students to use a computer>>

EVERY child in our entire district has to have a parent permission slip to
use our school computers. (That is because they all are connected to the
internet.)
Also, I would agree that you should make parents aware of publication of art
and videotaping. Especially, if you have any special ed kids. This is just a
legal precaution. YES, you can be sued. (I know that when I did National
Certification which requires videotaping, the National Board is very
persnickety about their permissions slips. If a child doesn't have one, they
cannot be included in the tape at all. Candidates are responsible for
keeping
the slips for about three years!)
wizzle