Re: art on a cart lesson plans?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:16:38 -0500

Hi Kimberly, I taught art on a cart for years, off and on. Some of the
most important things to consider are. Have ample travel time between
classes. Make sure your storage area is not two miles away. I
sometimes sent a couple of students to retrieve things that we needed. I
did alot of the same stuff that I would do in an art room, but most of the
rooms had a sink, the ones that didn't, we would go to the bathroom and
clean buckets etc when necessary. My cart was an OLD utility that
everyone heard coming. When we were done for the period, I would look
sheepishly at the returning teacher to ask her where we could store the
projects. (he he) I went outside when we could to work on murals etc.
I didn't do clay for those years, but I might have if I had any $$ to buy
it. When I didn't have a sink, I would have a bucket of water on the cart
for brush clean-up. I used India Ink, and only ruined One carpet. I
really tried to make the best of it. My art room, which was being
occupied by a spec. ed and then a 6th gr, had no ventilation at any rate,
the those teachers and kids were always coughing and sick. The days which
we did paper, glue, pencil lessons were always less stressful. As far as
ideas go, collage, drawings, small constructions, water colors were
always workable. Paper mache, we would have to rearrange the rooms and
push desks together. Sometimes I'd have the classes do that before I
arrived. That made things alot easier. The kids were always better
behaved in their classrooms. (GO figure..) Anyway this is too long.
Hope this gives some insight. betsy