Re: videos and legalities

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:59:58 -0500

Districts always over react when it comes to legal things. When possible I
just ignore them.
I do get written permission in advance on my "do all" form at the start of each
new class.
(field trips, fees, how I grade, publishing art, publishing photos, etc.) I
just finished checking
off names from forms turned in this 1st week of school, out of 70 I had 3 don't
publish. I never
ask why. The district computer gurus called me when they saw names on the
photos and I
assured them we had permission slips. I know of one 4th grade teacher who had
kids write
real personal journal like stuff that really was dangerous. You never know who
is watching.
Play it safe but don't go overboard. I heard a computer teacher say
he gets written
permission for his students to use a computer. Come on now, it's a tool with
that mindset
we would need permission for johnny to hold a paintbrush.
Woody in KC

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com

  • Reply: Wizzlewolf: "Re: Re: videos and legalities"