Re: gripe

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:50:07 -0500

Please, take the correct position on this issue.
The other staff, i.e., English, Math, Social Studies, etc. are there as
"support staff"
the assist the arts in any way possible. I am very grateful for the support
I have in my building, and tell them so at every opportunity.
Woody in KC

Fran Marze wrote:

> Hang in there. Sometimes that is the life of "specials". When i taught in
> an elementary school, we were banished to a separate table. Of course, the
> woman who started the segregation, banished the primary teachers to a
> different table. She taught fifth grade. ACtually, it is funny. But most
> people appreciate the art teachers. At least that is what I found. Don't
> judge everyone by a few callous people.
> When I left the elementary school to teach English at the high school, one
> of my third graders told me I was going to be a "real teacher." Now that I
> am teaching art again, I guess my IQ dropped. You have to laugh at
> people's perceptions.
> Good luck for a good year. Fran

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at