Re: internet

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
GTBlack
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:44:39 EDT

1. Email newsletters to parents.
2. Web pages with threaded discussions (geared to either parents or students)
3. Webcams - there is a preschool here in LA (probably a few others too) that
have set up webcams throughout the facility so parents can log-in to the
website (password protected) and keep an eye on their kids.
4. Alumni pages - when I did the website at my HS, we got a very favorable
response from alumni. Disconnected from the school, the site gave them a way
to check up on what was going on and find out about upcoming events.
5. Real Audio broadcasts - a number of universities broadcast their sports
events over the Internet with Real Audio.
6. Supplemental course materials - links to relevant sites, downloadable
syllabus, etc...
7. Online Courses

Geoff Black