Re: Catholic Church

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI (occti)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:54:41 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Maryanne Zakreski <mzakr>
To: <artsednet.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 1999 2:56 PM
Subject: Catholic Church

> There is no contradiction in the Church as far as the scientific theory of
> evolution.

My opinion of the Church just went up a notch or two! Thank you, Maryanne.

So, if the Church doesn't have a problem with the scientific theory of
evolution (and if anyone might, one would think it to be them), then it
seems that the current cry is rising, as has been pointed out on this list
earlier, by a group of fundamentalists who are trying to take 'religious'
control of our children's education.

Regarding the one publisher which wants to leave Kansas' glacial age out of
its textbook, it may not surprise many of you that many textbook publishers
in the U.S. bow to the recommendations of a small and very fundamentalist
group in Texas. I used to know more about them some years ago, but haven't
bothered to keep track; if any one knows anything more about them, please
let us know.

Larry