Re: Fire Hazards

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:42:21 -0500

Hold on, this too will pass. I was told I could not have things hanging from
the lights.
They even took them down to make the point. A while later we put them back up.

Everything is back to normal now.
Woody in KC

Betty Bowen wrote:

> A friend of mine who is a great 7th grade teacher told me Wednesday evening
> that the local fire marshalls have laid down the law in the schools this
> year. No more than one layer of flammable materials on bulletin boards (no
> background paper) no Hanging Things on bulletin boards (therefore no moving
> parts - she used to make really elaborate bulletin boards that had strings
> to pull that made things move, that sort of thing)
> No more than 50% of the wall space covered with paper or other flammable
> material, including cloth, hanging flammables from the
> ceiling. No dried leaves, tree branches, crepe paper streamers,...You get
> the picture.
> No one is disagreeing with the importance of fire safety, but it is sure
> making room decoration and display a challenge.
> I went blank except for colored aluminum foils and mylars.
> Any other inexpensive non-flammable room decorating and bulletin board ideas
> I can pass along? (sounds like another book project for MaryAnn, doesn't it?
> non-flammable classroom decoration? : ))
> Betty

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at