Re: Religion in public schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:30:44 -0400

Isn't the study of a variety of religions and cultures part of social
studies? Don't those studies encourage tolerance of others and respect for
diversity? If we can't demonstrate those qualities to our students and
encourage them to understand and accept others unique differences, how many
more Columbines will there be? Tact in how we deal with one another in
responding to the list should also be demonstrated. If we are careless with
each other, how must we speak to our students? I think we may disagree with
respect. Enough soapbox. Linda K.