Re: Days of the Dead

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:35:48 -0400

Betty Bowen wrote:

> I don't recall anyone suggesting that Days of the Dead were the same as
> Halloween, but I think you might have misunderstood my post about the milk
> jug skeletons. Because I made them for Halloween doesn't mean they can't
> also be a good project for Los Dias de los Muertos. They're great looking
> skeletons and being life-size, easy to dress up.

You know what they'd really be good for if doing Mexico as a
progression from Halloween- That is to make life size puppets, the
puppets up on poles. Have an extension and use the same material you
already have to alter your skeletons from the Halloween to Dias de
los Muertos wearable puppets. Have sugar skulls on the side for
pleasure ( I myself prefer and have pink sugar cookies which I've
had, and my Mother has had, from the same Mexican bakery since my
mom was a little girl).

Sandra
astroboy