Re: Rules

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:55:54 -0400 (EDT)

Have we had some light days of mail. I've had hardly any artsednet mail in
the past few days.

Yes, summer is just about over. My cousin went in to school with me today
to start the mammoth job we all know of unpacking supplies and figuring
out where to put them. All the while realizing that you were too tired at
the end of the year to totally organize. Or is it just me?

One thing I like to do is to date all things like glues, paint that should
be used before they may go bad. It also is a good record to see what
colors of acrylic, for example, don't get used as much when ordering time
comes.

I know this is off the subject of rules, but I wanted to see if it was
just my email that was a problem.

We are trying to redo our list of rules, but basically the respect
yourself, others, equipment, etc. is always a good start. Most students, I
find, don't need a lot of rules and the ones that do, don't follow them!

I know one thing for sure, whenever I'm relaxed and I am prepared I have
little problems if any. So that's my big goal and I'm willing to spend a
few of my precious vacation days to get the room organized. YOu need help,
though. My colleague enlisted her retired father to help her sand and
finish her work benches; my other colleague has her sons help; my cousin
who is retired comes in and helps me. This is one bit of advice I would
try and get a relative or friend to help with beginning of the year
organization. You can always do something nice for that person. It also
makes the time go faster. I pack us a picnic lunch and we take a break and
have our lunch and go back to our work. it makes my day much more pleasant
than when I went in myself!

I hope everyone has good start to this year. Fran