Re: Colored Pencils and Sharpeners

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:08:03 -0400

Artemis420 wrote:

> Having said that...colored pencils have soft easily broken centers and
> electric sharpeners do more harm than good. There is a brand of small hand
> sharpeners that seem to keep the damage low.
> Artie
I have so many different kinds at home for the boys. I just bought
an electric for them. I also have small metal german sharpeners.They
are both single and double blades for small and large pencils. I
don't have my kids mix the sharpeners> so wax pencils in one and
graphite/lead regular pencils in another. The blades can be replaced
also. Most importantly remind the kids to try not to drop the
pencils or you will forever have broken lead. When it drops it
cracks the filling (wax pencils or lead) all the way through. That
is why you get the annoying broken points right after sharpening or
soon after!!! AAARGH!

Sandra Barrick

astroboy