Re: Rules

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (litesal)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:06:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI <occti>
To: <BluesTruth>; <Artsednet.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 1999 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: Rules

> BUT WE HAVE THEM DEVELOP THE LIST OF RULES THEMSELVES.
>
> For each rule they propose, or oppose, they need to give the justification
> for it. You'd be surprised by how complete their list is! The class is
> given the latitude of discussing the merits of each rule, appropriate
> "punishment" or consequences for anyone breaking a rule, etc.

Dear Larry, Jill, and all,

This idea, developed by Glassar I believe, is wonderful and I think it
works. However, in my case, it is difficult to handle. First off, posting
and organizing different rules and consequences for 35 different classes a
week is a daunting task. I personally have not been able to pull it off in
my situation. If anyone here has, I'd like to hear about it, because I
think it's an ideal way to develop rules and community in a classroom. On
the other hand, since we elementary teachers see the same students in
different grades and classes each year, perhaps it's better to have a
consistent routine in the art room.

Leah