Re: book - Wang Yani

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:46:53 -0400

Sherry wrote:

> The book is : A Young Painter- the life and paintings of Wang Yani -
> China's extraordinary young artist by Zheng Zhensun and Alice Low
>
> go to amazon.com, type in Zheng Zhensun (for a book search) and it will
> come up for 12.57!!
> sherry

This is to Woody, Sherry, Holly,MP and all else interested. I did a
lesson on China and included this book. At the time I too posed the
question about "Where is she"? This book does not answer that. It is
informative with some nice pictures but I never found what had
happened to her. I averaged her age to be in early 20's, but at the
books end I believe she would have been around 17. It is true her
father was an artist and gave it up to not inhibit his daughters
growth, and he believed she was a traditional chinese painter. (not
the exact words). I assume she is in China still painting, as a
virtually closed society it is easier to keep tabs on her there. So
she is probably limited towards outside influences and societies. I
am generalizing and if anyone finds out what she is doing or whether
she is in school etc., Please post.

Sandra Barrick

astroboy