Re: Art lessons for the blind

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:23:43 -0400

"Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI" wrote:

> I also want to thank everyone on the list for some exhilarating conversation
> and would like to stay on the list so long as no one minds my not being an
> educator of the arts. Oh, and I will try to not turn everything into a
> 'philosophical discussion,' but trust that I am free to interject ideas
> which support Critical and Creative Problem Solving/Thinking Skills,
> Non-Violence and the building of Communities. Like the scorpion who stung
> the fox, "It is in my nature."
>
> In Peace,
> Larry

No I'm not objecting I was merely curious. I am always looking for
sites which are educational as well as a research tool for
education. I have two boys ages 5 and 8 and I'm also always looking
for more information on critical thinking and problem solving
skills.
Awhile ago we talked about VTS (visual thinking skills) and I've
read quite a bit about project zero as well as whole language and
(not related)Reggio emilia. I don't think this list is so
narrow-minded to only include art related topics, but that which
will develop and nurture the whole child. We are not cocooned into a
square peg or at least I hope not.
Sandra
astroboy