Re: Art lessons for the blind

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:37:54 -0400

"Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI" wrote:
> Lawrence A. Parker
> Philosopher and Educational Consultant
Larry,
This answered my question without having to post it. Are you also
an educator of the arts? It seems as though many subjects overlap
and you are quite knowledgeable on a number of subjects, (which is
refreshing on this list). I hope you and others continue to post and
bring refreshing new blood to the list. Sometimes it becomes stale.
Sandra
"RadarTrapp" wrote:
> hi
> I'm currrently teaching elementary art, 1-5 and have a blind second grader in
> one of my classes. I'm having great trouble finding lesson plans, resources
> for this student. I'd love any info any of you have.
> thanks
> radar

On Blindness-I would reiterate the texture and sensory media,
however things which can be altered by touch. Allow for that which
can be connected and altered as well as clay, which of course can be
pulled and stretched,(with the added natural smell). Ask your
students if there is something which they would like to learn about.
They can be an asset to your class and send you into a direction you
haven't been before.
Sandra
astroboy