Re: creationism vs. evolutionism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:01:43 -0500

Melissa Enderle wrote:

> The school board, in my understanding, wants to allow for the
> presentation of the subject to come from multiple viewpoints, and not be
> strapped down only by the otherwise perceived "fact" of evolution. What's
> wrong with that?
>
> I think a healthy debate in the schools about various views on
> this subject and others would be a very productive thing. Just don't teach
> something in Science Class that is not science. I don't care if we

have a world religion class. It does seem strange that they (the board) debates
and changes in the science
curriculum, written by science teachers. Maybe we should be glad they stayed
there and are not looking
to see what the art teachers wrote for standards. I'm glad to have the freedom
to select what I teach and
how. It's not because they approve or respect the sound professional judgment of
seasoned teachers,
It's because they don't care. We lobbied to get Art to be part of the state
standards, perhaps later on
we will wish we had never wrote letters.
Woody
in KC

the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04
http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html