Re: Lessons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:27:29 -0500

Sidnie Miller wrote:

> Thanks, I have many years worth of scholastics etc. but I've never sprung
> for the class set. I guess I could set up individual ones. Actually I'm
> getting text books-- Arttalk. I don't really know what to do with a
> book--I think the kids will really hate it but I'm never one to turn down
> anything, just in case. Have you ever used a book?

I've got three set of books to supplement the teaching of whatever as I see
fit.
I'm not familiar with Arttalk but read through it with the thought of using
it as
a research tool common to all students. They could find examples to
illustrate
concepts like symmetry or complementary color usage or use of shadows.
In groups, each group could have a different topic to research. Then they
could
report out their findings. I do an artist of the week each week. I've had
students
go through books and select artists and their work to suggest for next year
or
next semester. Like, choose 10 artists & works and say why we should study
them.
Then suggest how we might create an art problem around their work. You
would
be surprised how insightful they can get.
Woody in KC

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com