Re: Religion in public schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:14:19 -0500

Wizzlewolf wrote:

> Woody,
> This is too funny,
> I once wrote "Joseph" and started it off with the same "Joseph, Joseph,
> Joseph"!
> I think Joseph is a very angry, unhappy person. I told him I thought he was a
> "wet blanket" and needed to get out of the rain! Poor Joseph.
> I think we all need to PRAY for him on the first day of school!!! LOL
> wizzle

Joseph is just testing us, he's ok.

I will admit up front I'm a "humanist", the kind the radical fringe christian
right is worried about.
I truly hope I can inspire my students to be more open minded, more
compassionate, more of a
good decent caring person. That is more important than the subject I teach. I
tell my students
that I am more concerned about the kind of person they become than the scores
they make on tests.
Frani and I have two children (both well over 30) we love them both. But they
are very different, as are most kids. The one we worry about, I think is trying
to grow up finally. He is super bright, when we
could get him into a school he was flying through the higher math classes, but
what a bum. We worry
that we may see him as a derelict on the streets some day. The other boy had
trouble reading, was a poor
student, but the nicest person in the world. Works his tail off, took in 3 kids
from his wife's former
marriages and is a fantastic caring father of those triplets I brag about. I
love them both, but you can't help take pride in the qualities that really
count.

Woody in KC

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com