Re: Religion in public schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:14:19 -0500

Wizzlewolf wrote:

> Woody,
> This is too funny,
> I once wrote "Joseph" and started it off with the same "Joseph, Joseph,
> Joseph"!
> I think Joseph is a very angry, unhappy person. I told him I thought he was a
> "wet blanket" and needed to get out of the rain! Poor Joseph.
> I think we all need to PRAY for him on the first day of school!!! LOL
> wizzle

Joseph is just testing us, he's ok.

I will admit up front I'm a "humanist", the kind the radical fringe christian
right is worried about.
I truly hope I can inspire my students to be more open minded, more
compassionate, more of a
good decent caring person. That is more important than the subject I teach. I
tell my students
that I am more concerned about the kind of person they become than the scores
they make on tests.
Frani and I have two children (both well over 30) we love them both. But they
are very different, as are most kids. The one we worry about, I think is trying
to grow up finally. He is super bright, when we
could get him into a school he was flying through the higher math classes, but
what a bum. We worry
that we may see him as a derelict on the streets some day. The other boy had
trouble reading, was a poor
student, but the nicest person in the world. Works his tail off, took in 3 kids
from his wife's former
marriages and is a fantastic caring father of those triplets I brag about. I
love them both, but you can't help take pride in the qualities that really

Woody in KC

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at