Re: evolution

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:52:42 -0500

Theories come and go, they even "evolve". It is the pursuit of truth, or at
best a solid
hunch that science tries for. It would be interesting 200 years in the future to

look back and see what holds up and what fades away. It the mean time many more

people (not enough) are teaching art who "do it" and have a certain but shaky
concept
of the field they try to teach. It's a shame that more people who are
"teaching" math and
science don't really "do it" and really don't have too much of a firm grasp of
the subject
they are suppose to inspire kids with. I know I'm generalizing, but there is
much truth in
my poorly worded argument here. Students seem surprised that I paint, exhibit,
even sell my art.
They are more amazed to find out that I know and am friends with real artists.
I tell them
that their math teachers get together with other math types and work on chaos
theory on
the weekends. I tell them that their science teachers are doing secret research
also, Some are!
I only wish there was more truth in my fabrications. Since I tell them I use
ear wax on my
mustache, what are they to believe anyway.
Woody in KC

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com