Re: Religion in public schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:55:04 -0500

Joseph, Joseph, Joseph, are you trying to stir the pot ?
How can you teach about the art of this world without touching upon
the belief systems of the world ? And, of course I will speak personally
to the Buddhist Bodhisattva "Kuan Yin" about having a little extra
compassion for those who FLAME the sacred list serve set up by
the almighty Getty. And to see "Kuan Yin" click here
she is near the bottom of the page (I haven't learned to use links yet).
Woody in KC

Joseph Augusta wrote:

> wduncan wrote:
> > I teach "about" Buddhism.
> > Woody in KC
> >
> If you are employed by the public school system as an art instructor that is
> where your instruction must remain. The teaching of religion must be outside
> the public school classroom in the religion of the student, and their
> family's, choice.
> Joseph

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at