Re: Religion in public schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI (occti)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:41:55 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Augusta <jaugusta>
To: <wduncan>
Cc: GETTY <artsednet.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 1999 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: Religion in public schools

> wduncan wrote:
>
> > I teach "about" Buddhism.
> > Woody in KC
> >

> If you are employed by the public school system as an art instructor that
is
> where your instruction must remain. The teaching of religion must be
outside
> the public school classroom in the religion of the student, and their
> family's, choice.
>
> Joseph

Rather than making assumptions and charges, based on too little knowledge,
wouldn't it be more germane to ask Woody WHAT about Buddhism he teaches, and
HOW?

After all, perhaps he is only referring to the fact that he himself is
Buddhist and teaches by modeling the practice or actualization of his
beliefs in his life.

Larry