Re: "salvation"

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI (occti)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:56:05 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BEE665.2235F740

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Bob Beeching=20
To: artsEdnet TALK=20
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 1999 12:14 PM
Subject: re: "salvation"

The artist, in his and her time, has suffered more public abuse
than most saints. Perhaps, that is why there are so few of them?

"Bob, And here I thought that it was just because there were so few =
with authentic talent and the ability to tap into themselves and the =
world. ;>)))

Seriously, try being a philosopher. We suffer, I think, the greatest =
abuse - we are all too often simply ignored. Ask any person on the =
street about almost any philosopher and s/he will most likely be hard =
pressed to give any cogent information. If asked to even name one, s/he =
will most likely say Plato or Socrates only because they have =
historically gotten the most 'press', but if asked to discuss any of =
their ideas, well, that's something else again.

"Perhaps those who aspire to becoming sheep, could change shepherds, =
or work more diligently to become self-responsible, and self-reliant?"

Unfortunately, many sheep are not taught to aspire, or that they can =
aspire, or that there is anything to aspire to; neither are they taught =
to be self-responsible or self-reliant. I have always been...amazed at =
coverage during Presidential debates. First, we witness the debate, =
then we have the news commentator give us an analysis of the debate. If =
we flip to other channels or wait for tomorrow's newspaper, we can get =
analyses of the analysis. Still, no one is sure what was actually said. =
For some years, my wife has wanted me to record or get a copy of some =
of these debates and speeches and subject them to a logical analysis. I =
wonder what I'd find?

Larry

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BEE665.2235F740