Re: Kansas's dilemma

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:15:37 -0500

One year our student body elected a Korean born girl as student body
president. I thought this was a great expression of the diversity and
acceptance we have at Rosedale. It turned out she was Buddhist and
that was OK until one girls mother pointed out that this means she
doesn't believe in Jesus Christ. That was the end of my delusion of
harmony. Why make a young lady cry because of a different belief
system. Woody in Kansas

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com