Re: You are wonderful

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:50:22 -0500

Mike Delaney wrote:

> Woody, went to the site to resgister for the research. You are doing great.
> are you going to have all of your students do this?

Thanks for asking, I had forgot to mention that, while I think all students
deserve the best,
I'm not ready to tackle that much right now. I have one year long 8th grade
class. I thought I would make it their responsibility. I f I have 22
students, and we work in pairs then we could plan to accomplish 11 interviews
by the end of the 3rd quarter. I want to do it right and not get rushed. The
project may run smooth, but I want to leave room to adjust. Anyway, I've got
lots of other things planned for the year.

> I teach high school art , not gifted art studetns and i think this would
> work with them also. I go back to school monday. the computer in the
> classroom and also in the labs are different than mine at home.

Same here, I use my trusted i-Mac at home and a "real" computer at school,
what a pain.

> Also the pictures showed the kids working on a 3-D person. what were they
> made of? I really am interested in that typew of project for my sculpture
> class.

I'll try to put up something on the site about the "Kachina" project. When I
get my printmaking
lessons done.

> Hey, thanks for sharing on the listserves. Ann in Indiana

I'm going to the Kemper Museum tonight, to listen to Dean Mitchell. I hope my
students can interview him.

Woody in KC

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at