Re: You are wonderful

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:50:22 -0500

Mike Delaney wrote:

> Woody, went to the site to resgister for the research. You are doing great.
> are you going to have all of your students do this?

Thanks for asking, I had forgot to mention that, while I think all students
deserve the best,
I'm not ready to tackle that much right now. I have one year long 8th grade
class. I thought I would make it their responsibility. I f I have 22
students, and we work in pairs then we could plan to accomplish 11 interviews
by the end of the 3rd quarter. I want to do it right and not get rushed. The
project may run smooth, but I want to leave room to adjust. Anyway, I've got
lots of other things planned for the year.

> I teach high school art , not gifted art studetns and i think this would
> work with them also. I go back to school monday. the computer in the
> classroom and also in the labs are different than mine at home.

Same here, I use my trusted i-Mac at home and a "real" computer at school,
what a pain.

> Also the pictures showed the kids working on a 3-D person. what were they
> made of? I really am interested in that typew of project for my sculpture
> class.

I'll try to put up something on the site about the "Kachina" project. When I
get my printmaking
lessons done.

> Hey, thanks for sharing on the listserves. Ann in Indiana

I'm going to the Kemper Museum tonight, to listen to Dean Mitchell. I hope my
students can interview him.

Woody in KC

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com