Re: Fwd: Intoduction

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:44:07 -0500

The great thing about subbing is that you can walk away from your mistakes.
24 years ago, my first year of teaching, I was, one of two, contract art subs in
our district.
I worked every day, but not at the daily sub rate. (they only got $87.00 per day
last year)
75% of the time I was covering for an art teacher, never longer than three
days. I've said often,
never again, but I learned a lot. Every day I would take notes or draw ideas I
saw. I seldom met the teacher but I saw and felt their presence. It was a rich
and rewarding year, but never again. They lay in wait of a sub.
I suggest you arrive early, check out the plans (if any) and layout your day.
Take charge and have a sense of humor. I remember one student who changed his
identify when a sub came and pretended to be somebody who was absent that day.
But he was no trouble cause he didn't want to mess up his game.
Good Luck, Woody in KC

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com