Re: grading with a point system

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:30:26 -0400 (EDT)

I'm still working on a system for grading. i try to give an evaluation
sheet before starting an assignment which includes the objectives, the
criteria and space for self evaluation and teacher evaluation. I usually
decide on a number of points depending on the complexity of the project.
Since I enter all grades into an electronic grade book on my computer, the
point system is the best. I would like to have some dialogue on how much
to assign for finishing on time, for originality, for following the
criteria. It works best when the points are shown up front prior to
starting. I also like the students to reflect on their work.

We have been thinking in our dept of trying to create a booklet that would
serve as sketchbook and evaluation.

GRading is my least favorite part of the job. (anything to do with
paperwork)
Some examples of items might be: if it is for a reduction print: finished
so many prints in a minimum of three separate colors; Fran