Re: Intoduction teaching at home

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:59:12 -0400

DCaldw9606 wrote:

> Hello Listerve,>
> I would like to hear from those of you who have substitute taught. What do
> you feel are the pros and cons of substitute teaching? Art teachers, what do
> you desire in your subs? I want to do my best. ANY advice will be
> appreciated. I am looking forward to subbing.
Welcome Debra,
I can't advise you on substituting but it has been discussed in the
past. Varying replies, with some leaving detailed lesson plans and
others not. You can look in the archives.

> Also, I am interested in making
> myself available to teach art to Home Schooled students, but not sure how I
> make myself known to the home school population. How do I go about this
> process?
This is something I am probably going to start doing soon too. I
plan to advertise in the parent's magazine that you can pick up
anywhere for free. They are local papers which tell you a variety of
info. Recreation, private schools, camps etc. I also am going to
post a few flyers at places which I have worked such as the
preschool I was at. I've had offers to teach private lessons and
that is a good place for contacts. It is also a church and they have
a bulletin board. The great thing about that is you can determine
the age and who you want to teach and how many. I would suggest the
YMCA or other rec. center bulletin boards and if you have any
friends already teaching they may know of local people in need who
are not in a conventional school.
> I am looking forward to your responses.
>
> Thank you,
> Debra