Re: printing question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MarkPeterson (MarkPeterson)
Wed, 11 Aug 99 13:10:51 PDT

The easiest way I have found to do monotypes (or monoprints) is to paint
with watercolors on acetate or mylar. If you use a little dish washing
soap in the water you paint with, the paint will not bead up. After the
paint has dried, which will take only minutes, lay it face up on the press
bed, lay your wet paper on top, a piece of news print to prevent bleeding
onto the felt, and then the felt. I have exellent results from 6 year olds
to college level printmakers. The nice thing about using mylar is that if
you use a matte surface verses a glossy surface, you can draw your image on
in pencil first and then print variations of the same image. Good luck!