Fwd: Intoduction

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
DCaldw9606
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:29:53 EDT

--part1_2030a0e2.24e2ff01_boundary

In a message dated 8/11/99 4:04:32 PM, DCaldw9606 writes:

<< Hello Listerve,

I have been reading and benefiting from this listserve for some time. So much
useful information! So many caring teachers!

A bit of personal background: I am certified art K-12. I completed my student
teaching the spring of 1998. I student taught grades 6-12. Because I had such
a well paying job at the time as a bakery manager for a major grocery store
chain, I have remained with the company. My husband and I used the "extra"
money I have been earning to pay off many bills. Now, I feel I can quit my
job. Since it is late in the "hiring" year, and there are not any art
teaching jobs available in my area, I have been applying to the surrounding
districts to substitute teach. This will hopefully get my foot in the door as
well as permit me to have the same days off as my husband. He is a middle
school math teacher. We have spent 20 years seldom having the same days off
together. I have worked every holiday. That is the grocery business! I will
also be working on my art to submit to 2 area galleries.

I would like to hear from those of you who have substitute taught. What do
you feel are the pros and cons of substitute teaching? Art teachers, what do
you desire in your subs? I want to do my best. ANY advice will be
appreciated. I am looking forward to subbing. Also, I am interested in making
myself available to teach art to Home Schooled students, but not sure how I
make myself known to the home school population. How do I go about this
process?

I am looking forward to your responses.

Thank you,
Debra
Certified Art K - 12. Idaho >>

[...]

  • Reply: wduncan: "Re: Fwd: Intoduction"