Fw: Advanced Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Gary Baker (bakerg)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:05:58 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01BEE37C.86B7E0C0

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Baker <bakerg>
To: artednet <artednet>
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 7:42 PM
Subject: Advanced Art

Fellow instructors:
Please recommend the best reference/text you might use when teaching =
Advanced Art at the High School Level.
I teach at a VERY small school, but we make our Art classes a priority. =
Course is designed as a year long exploration, but we would like them =
to have a "book-type" visual reference. We use Davis resources with the =
lower levels and we like the open-ended approach...no "everybody doing =
the same thing"....Also, if you have a successful curriculum for the =
same course you would like to share, we would be grateful. We tried to =
persuade the "power-that be" that we need to offer:
Drawing I, Painting I, Sculpture I, and Printmaking I along with the =
tradition Art I, II, III, etc instead of Just Art I, Art II, etc. alone. =
Unfortunately it didn't go through...Administration very receptive, =
schedule person "couldn't work it in" but we will keep trying!!!!
Thanks,
RMB