Re: Interviewing an artist

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:39:44 -0500

Thanks Pam, I printed out your letter, the interview and the children's paper.
I'll take them to class tomorrow and pursue the idea further. Thanks, Woody in

PGStephens wrote:

> Woody:
> Your idea to interview or research artists online has merit. If you have an
> interest, I encourage you to view the website of the North Texas Institute
> for Educators on the Visual Arts (newsletters). At the end of this email I
> am enclosing two webpage addresses for your review. The first page is an
> online interview with an artist. The interview was conducted by a group of
> fifth-grade students. The second webpage is the article that the students
> wrote using the information from the interview. The article was also
> published in hardcopy in the NTIEVA newsletter.
> This activity was a wonderful way for kids to find out what it takes to be a
> producing artist and to make a living at it. They also discovered that not
> all artists are dead! Jim is quite alive and actually made a trip from New
> Jersey to Texas to visit the kids in their classroom.
> If you have questions about how to find an artist to interview or how this
> interview process worked, I'll be glad to elaborate.
> Hope this helps.
> Regards from Texas,
> Pam Stephens
> Project Coordinator
> North Texas Institute for Educators on the Visual Arts
> University of North Texas
> P.O. Box 305100
> Denton, TX 76023-5100

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at