Re: collaboration

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 21:39:46 -0500

Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, their "Shuttlecocks" at the
Nelson-Atkins here in
Kansas City are a great resource. Woody in KC

Mcracker wrote:

> Hello Artsednetters!
> Hard to believe it is back to school time! I have had two wonderful
> experiences in collaboration with other artists during the past year and one
> half (we made a quilt by passing 5 blocks around and then spending a week
> putting the quilt together last year, this year, we passed chairs around).
> I'd like to begin the school year with collaborative project in some of my
> classes...and I'd like to have examples of successful collaborators in visual
> art to share with my students. Maria Martinez and Popovi Da come to mind, as
> do Bette and Allison Saar. Can you help me with others??? I'd like to use
> examples where the artist are equal partners who get equal credit.
> Have some of you had interesting experiences with collaboration? What have
> you done? How did it work? I find my personal work being pushed in new
> directions from my experiences in collaboration...also, my confidence has
> soared. Thanks!
> Marcia Thompson

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at